Monday, January 28, 2013

I May Be Repeating Myself

Just for a minute...

Pain sprouts tenfold, in the form of blue fire weaving into a red-orange, and slides up the contours of my body. I begin to see an ocean of sunlight - it claws at the dust and sets me ablaze, a tsunami of stars grazing upon my lips, the metallic taste of blood, the sinking of teeth. It rushes forth. I gulp it down. I almost falter. The waves hum into a reluctant stop, foam bidding farewell under my toes, after quite a while. And the choking of tears / the worship of love / caresses my cheek / before I wake up.

I caught you, and I thought you were the most beautiful, of reminiscence and of prophecies, and I dreamed, exalted, to think I could eschew the present - and myself. I thought you neither the lion nor the lamb, but the wind shushing me up against my indifference and my arrogance, washing anew in circulations, and making me care when maybe you don't.

And sometimes I wish all of us couldn't utter a word, shan't speak, shan't sing, and just watch behind a web of shard glass the way we all exaggerate and act as a messy hyperbole. And isn't it embarrassing! to replace the ellipses with more of them; the chalk dust is waiting under my feet, shuffling, carrying on, under their feet, under everybody else's soles; I am speechless
and mute
and my lips are
stitched close
.

It was a Monday - or a Tuesday... or just a day - and your hands were all like ice, frosted metacarpal bones, deadly ridges, shivers and lightning, but enough like a revolutionary wave of heat to my delight. Your heart and your lungs subjugated mine, a wistfulness chattering somewhere in between, but it was of my own volition that I succumbed to your pulse and got lost in it. And it was chaste - the timing and the movement - and I am curling into your cadence and the incandescent stars in your voice, breathing upon planes of revelations, mercy at hand with ravage in mind. Clumps of magma are smoking around me, falling apart into rain, and the smell of burnt trees wafts in the air, and I realize all these are me.


No comments:

Post a Comment